Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Need care package ideas!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PVLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2004
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Need care package ideas!

    I've posted before about my friend from Lee Co. that has been diagonsed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. She is now at Duke for treatment. Her mother is staying with her 24-7 and I want to send the mother a care package. She doesn't need food or calling cards, so what types of things would you think she would need/enjoy? Any ideas are appreciated. And continued prayers as well!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member catsoftball23's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2004
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need care package ideas!

    just an idea when there is nothing else to do (besides worry) some crossword puzzle books, magazines, books, crafts, if she likes to sew some cross stitch. These are some ideas these might not even be useful but i just thought i'd try to help.
    I have a chi-hua-hua-hua and it has no teeth-teeth-teeth.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need care package ideas!

    Yeah I was thinking maybe a deck of cards or something like that or a book of somesort. This is kinda a hard care package to make but these ideas might help...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need care package ideas!

    there are little crosstitch kits at Wal mart.....though I do have to add it is different than sewing...I love to stitch hate to sew, but if she likes quilting then maybe some fabric and threads, journals are always good to pass time and for therapeutic reasons. Something from home to remind her of home, a friend of mine sent her husband when he was in Iraq a t shirt she wore, that had the lotion and body spray smell she used, he loved it. Which brings up personal care items (lotion, shampoo, conditioner, deoderant, body wash, loofa) , we all know hospitals don't have the best of quality stuff, good pair of slippers, if she smokes, then ciggies ( quit smoking myself, but I know at times like this if you smoke you ain't quitting ). Hope this helps
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Need care package ideas!

    I'm gonna guess that if she spends much time (yes I realize this is going to happen , just didn't know how else to say it) almost anything would be OK. If she doesn't use/want the stuff her husband or someone visiting will use it. I've been around some and you will find lots of folks using things. Include some stuff for the kids, they have a hard time ,sometimes, passing time in this situation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •